Our mission statement
Personhood North Carolina is a Christian pro-life organization dedicated to the restoration and protection of the God-given right to life of all human beings, without exception, and the building of a Gospel-centered culture of life throughout the state of North Carolina.
Personhood North Carolina is an affiliate organization of the Personhood Alliance.
Personhood North Carolina is a growing group of pastors, ministry leaders, and community members who unite on the principles of personhood to advance our mission by engaging in the following strategies:
- Activate Christians to pray and believe God for the end of abortion.
- Educate the Church on the principles of personhood and our duty as Christians to align with the Word of God in our political pursuits.
- Advance legislative strategies that recognize and protect pre-born children as legal persons under the North Carolina state constitution.
- Create Sanctuaries for Life in towns and counties throughout the state and ultimately, make North Carolina a Sanctuary State, where every child is protected equally under the law.
- Work together as the Body of Christ to meet the increasing needs of broken families and those in poverty, providing not only for their physical sustenance, but also their spiritual growth and welfare.
Personhood is the right to have rights
In Roe v. Wade, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the pre-born child is not a person and therefore, does not enjoy the same constitutional rights as other human beings. According to Roe, the status of a human being depends on his or her level of development.
As Christians, we reject abortion as the killing of pre-born children, made in the image of God. We seek to stop the shedding of innocent blood and defend human life from other assaults like assisted suicide, euthanasia, trafficking, disability discrimination, and destructive repro-technologies and and genetic experimentation.
We recognize that personhood is the only consistent defense against all assaults on human life and human dignity in the 21st century.
Personhood rejects moral relativism
As the word implies, relativists believe that everything is relative, including the right to life. The personhood movement rejects relativism and proclaims that our inalienable rights are universal, inherent, and essential to our humanity.
These rights are derived from God, not from any man-made law or government, which seeks to impose secular humanism on the whole of our society.
SCIENCE IS ON THE SIDE OF LIFE
FAITH AND REASON
The argument for abortion is based on the deceitful premise that we simply can’t determine when life begins. But the presence of human life can be easily defined by the existence of a human organism with human DNA. Our refusal as a society to protect the child in the womb is an injustice founded upon an ideology that’s in opposition to both faith and reason.
our faith and principles require decisive action
we must Take a Stand
Personhood North Carolina seeks to uphold a moral standard that, sadly, has been abandoned by many in the pro-life movement. We believe the movement has done great harm to its own ability to succeed by promoting legislation that abandons children conceived in rape, children with disabilities, and other politically unfashionable groups of human beings.
We also believe in the movement has made a mistake in delegating the responsibility for social change to judges and politicians. Evil must be confronted by each and every one of us, especially at the local level. If we believe that an unjust law is no law at all, then we must be willing to act like it.